Vision, Ethos & Values
We believe that there are a number of personal qualities which are essential for a successful, productive and happy life now and in the future. We believe that the key role of our school is: Working together, with families and the wider community, to support the development of well-rounded young adults.
We stand united with our staff, students and families in actively opposing racism, prejudice and injustice
Here are some of the things we have already been doing as we strive to ensure that our children have a broad and balanced learning experience preparing them to be successful in their future education and lives.
- We have added a substantial number of carefully curated books to our school library to ensure there is sufficient diversity for our readers
- We have been working closely with ‘The Literacy Tree’, who provide us with English support, ensuring that teaching texts provide children with a broad range of authors/characters/settings that are representative of our school community
- We have been adapting our curriculum to reflect our local community - enhancing focus on local issues such as The Windrush. We are currently exploring how we can improve first hand knowledge from community members and leaders
- We are working with local partners/organisations to ensure our children feel connected and valued in their own community
- We are providing opportunities for our children to meet and engage with positive, black role models in our community e.g. Florence Eshalomi MP
- We have established a ‘Pupil Parliament’, giving our children a voice in our school development and events
We want to help our children develop a range of important values to prepare them for their life ahead:
I can create excellence by setting high expectations for myself and others
I can create excellence by respecting myself, others and the world around me
I can create excellence by learning from and with my family, teachers, peers and community
I can create excellence by developing integrity; doing the right thing, even when nobody is watching!
I can create excellence by working hard and putting effort into everything I do
I can create excellence by exploring facts, ideas and concepts
Our ‘Code of Conduct’ has one main expectation: that you treat everyone with courtesy and consideration at all times. The quality of relationships in our school underpins all that we do. Put simply, our ethos is ‘work hard, be nice’.
We believe in the importance of a well-rounded education as a central part of the development of that well-rounded person. An education which is inclusive and provides all our children with an equal chance of becoming successful. To achieve this, our curriculum is broad and balanced: our young people will have access to an education that responds to their needs and recognises their interests. We want all our learners to make excellent progress and gain strong outcomes as a result of their study.