Van Gogh School is committed to providing an environment for children where they feel safe and are kept safe and all staff contribute to the culture of vigilance which is embedded in our school. All staff form part of the wider safeguarding system for children. This system is described in statutory guidance Working Together to Safeguard Children.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families and carers has a role to play in safeguarding children. In order to fulfil this responsibility effectively, all staff should make sure their approach is child-centred. This means that they should consider, at all times, what is in the best interests of the child.
No single professional can have a full picture of a child’s needs and circumstances. If children and families are to receive the right help at the right time, everyone who comes into contact with them has a role to play in identifying concerns, sharing information and taking prompt action.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined for the purposes of this guidance as:
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children’s mental or physical health or development
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes
You can find our Safeguarding Policy HERE.
Whilst the entire team is expected to take an active role in the safeguarding of children, our:
Designated Safeguarding & Prevent Lead is:
Ms Tania Kimberley (Deputy Headteacher): email@example.com
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead is: Mr Paul Robinson (Consultant Headteacher): firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Safeguarding Governors is: Ms Phyllis Dunipace (Chair of Governors): email@example.com
Local Authority Contacts
- Lambeth Children’s services first response telephone: 020 7926 3100
Out of hours telephone: 0207 926 5555
- Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO): Andrew Zachariades
0772 082 8700 020 7926 4679 firstname.lastname@example.org
- LA safeguarding lead for schools and colleges is: Lynda Poole
07394 401 988 email@example.com
- LA safeguarding lead for early years provision & primary schools is: Denise Rasmussen
0778560426 0207 926 8915 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virtual School Headteacher is: Sheila Mulvenney